The United States Flag Code outlines the respectful handling and display of the US flag.
In regards to putting US flag patches on clothing and gear, the Code has the following guidelines:
- The flag patch should be worn on the right shoulder of a uniform
- The flag patch should be worn so that the union (the blue field with stars) is facing forward, or to the observer’s right.
- The flag patch should not be worn on clothing that is disposable, such as athletic uniforms, or on items that are meant to be discarded after a short period of use.
- The flag patch should not be used as a decoration or attached to any part of a person’s body.
- The flag patch should not be used in advertising or as part of a commercial or political message.
It’s important to note that while the Flag Code provides guidelines for the use of the US flag, it is not enforceable by penalty or punishment.
However, out of respect for the flag and what it represents, it is recommended that individuals follow these guidelines when displaying or wearing the US flag.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)